We value quality and perfection. We know that every man is different. Your size, posture, figure, and
the shape of your body all change the way a shirt fits. This is why we have prepared a comprehensive
guide to help you take the perfect measurements for your bespoke dress shirts.
We know that taking measurements can be a chore, so we have worked hard to make it as easy and
quickly as possible for you.
What you will need:
A fabric measuring tape (fabric only).
Assistance from a friend
When taking measurements:
Keep the measuring tape comfortably snug, but not tight.
All measurements should be made to nearest inch / centimeter.
MEN'S SHIRT - MEASURE YOUR BEST FITTING SHIRT. “RECOMMENDED”
Measure the shirt the fits you well and enter the shirt measurements through the control
Please note that the shirt should be laid flat on a table or smooth surface for proper measurement.
1. COLLAR The collar measurement should be taken from the middle of the button hole to the center of the collar button when the collar is spread flat
2. HALF CHEST Button the shirt and lay it flat. Then measure from edge to edge just below the armpit.
3. HALF WAIST With the shirt laid flat, measure from edge to edge at the waistline. (Measure at the narrowest point of the waist or mid-torso of the shirt.)
4. HALF HIPS With the shirt laid flat, measure from edge to edge at the base of the shirt.
5. SLEEVE LENGTH Lay the sleeve flat and measure along the outside edge (opposite to the sleeve seam) from the top of the shoulder (starting at the seam) to the end of the cuff.
6. HALF BICEP With the shirt laid flat, measure the width of your sleeve at the upper arm. This is normally taken about 15cm to 18 cm from the tip of the shoulder seam. This is the sleeve width of the largest part of your arm/sleeve. **Half armhole is always bigger than half bicep. Normally, half armhole is at least 6cm bigger than half bicep.**
7. CUFF Spread the cuff on flat surface. Place the measuring tape on the center of the buttonhole and measure across to center of the button.
8. YOKE Measure the distance between the sleeves, from one edge of the shoulder to the other, across the back. (Do not measure directly at the yoke seam.)
9. SHIRT LENGTH Measure at the back from the base of the collar seam at the middle to a point where the shirt ends.
10. HALF ARMHOLE Place the shirt on a large flat surface so the front of the shirt is facing you. Place the measuring tape at the top of the armhole seam and follow it along its edge to the point where the armhole meets the sleeve seam. (Note: this is a curved measurement, so please measure carefully.) **Half armhole is always bigger than half bicep. Normally, half armhole is at least 6cm bigger than half bicep.**
Choose your preffered fit:
This section is for reference purposes only. We take your measurement as is. We do not add extra measures (**except for shrinkage and tolerance allowance) when you take measurements from your best fitting shirt.
Slim FitNormal FitLoose Fit
For your guidance, all finished products follow the international standards for allowances. Allowances generally may depend on fabric weave, quality, measurement profile, and shirt design. Please visit our faqs for more information.
** Our tolerance of production (cutting commitment) is based on international standards.
Collar : (+/-) 0.5 cm total circumference
Shoulder length/Yoke : (+/-) 0.6 cm Total length
Chest size : (+/-) 2.0cm Total circumference
Waist size : (+/-) 2.0 cm Total circumference
Hip size : (+/-) 2.0 cm Total circumference
Sleeve length : (+/-) 1.0 cm Total length
These allowances generally apply to all garment types: shirts, suits, jackets, pants for men and women.
MEN'S BODY - MEASURE YOUR BODY
Note: A shirt should be worn for proper measurement.
1. NECK Place two fingers between the tape measure and the neck as the pictures show, and make sure you can move the tape easily. Do not tighten the tape measure. Make sure that the tape is at the base of the neck where the neck and shoulders meet or at the height where the collar would be if you were wearing a shirt.
2. CHEST Stand up straight, relax and take deep breath with hands down at your side. The chest measurement should be taken around the chest under the armpits. Make sure the tape is parallel and you can move the tape easily. Do not tighten the tape measure. Avoid having thick clothes on when measuring.
3. WAIST Stand up in a relaxed posture, do not hold your breath or hold your stomach in. If you do not have beer belly, the waist measurement should be taken around the waist at the narrowest point. If you have beer belly, you should measure the widest point. Make sure you can move the tape easily. Do not tighten the tape measure.
4. HIPS Take out all of the stuff in the front and back pockets your trouser. The hip measurement should be taken around the hips at the widest point. Stand up in a relaxed posture, and keep the tape parallel. Do not tighten the tape measure. Make sure you can move the tape easily.
5. SHOULDER Stand up in a relaxed posture. Measure across the top of the shoulder from one edge to the other. Ensure you take the curved contour over the top of the shoulders as shown. If you are wearing your best fitted shirt measure up to the shoulder seams.
6. SLEEVE LENGTH The sleeve measurement should be taken from exactly the same point you used earlier for the "Shoulder" measurement. Measure from tip of shoulder to a point at the wrist where you want the sleeve to end. Do not bend your arms. If you want to match your dress shirt with a suit, you should measure the suit sleeve length you want, and then add one (1) centimeter .That will be the shirt's sleeve length.
8. WRIST/CUFF Measure the actual wrist size around your wrist bone. You may also consider adding ¼" to ½" to your size if you wear medium to heavier watches. **Provide us the actual/skin tight measure. Our tailor adds at
least 3cm-5cm to your measurement to allow room for movement**
9. BICEP Measure around your upper arm at the widest point. This is normally taken about 15cm to 18 cm from the tip of the shoulder seam. This is the sleeve width of the largest part of your arm. **Do not flex your bicep.**
10. SHIRT LENGTH Stand up in a relaxed posture. Measure from the topmost point of the shoulder at a point near the nape at the collar seam, along the front of your body, to a point where you want the shirt to end.
SEND US YOUR BEST FITTIN SHIRT
Have a favorite shirt that fits just right and you simply want a new shirt that has the same wonderful fit? Mail it to us and we will do all the measuring. We will also keep a perfect record of the size and other details so you would not have to do this again.
Please mail your shirt to the address listed, include your notes on any changes to the size and style preference. Your shirt will be handled carefully and promptly returned to you along with your new shirts.
Our Address: Sofia 2000, BULGARIA
1. Send the shirt using First Class Mail (International Post) through your local post office. This is the cheapest way to send packages to
2. Include in the package the following details: order #, full name, registered email address, return/mailing address and instructions.
3. There is no need to purchase packaging or a large envelope for shipment. Fold the shirt neatly and place it inside a regular envelope.
The total weight should not go over 9oz.
4. Mark the package as "used/sample clothing" so you can avoid paying additional/unnecessary customs taxes.
5. Email us the package reference number or customs declaration code provided by your post office (usually printed in the receipt).
Please remember to keep the receipt as Tailorlamb will not be responsible for lost packages.
tCart is initializing... keep calm and have a beer